MORE than 35,000 fitness fanatics will take over the inner-city on Sunday for the 42km Melbourne Marathon.
Drivers are urged to watch out for major traffic disruptions as participants pound the pavement
around landmarks including the MCG, Flinders St Station, Albert Park lake, and past the St Kilda beach foreshore.
Participants can take part in five courses, ranging from 3km to the full 42km, and starting and ending at the MCG.
Road closures include:
* St Kilda Junction, 6am-12:30pm
* St Kilda Road from the St Kilda Junction to Princess Bridge, 5:30am-12:30pm
* Parts of Flinders Street and St Kilda Road, 5:30am-1:30pm
* Batman Avenue, 4:30am-1:30pm
* Roads around Albert Park Lake, 6am-11am
* Beach Road through Elwood, St Kilda, Middle Park and Port Melbourne, 6am-12pm
* Brunton Avenue, Jolimont Road and Wellington Parade South, 4:30am-2pm
Participants and spectators are urged to use public transport if possible.
Your options are:
* Jolimont station: Hurstbridge, South Morang lines
* Richmond station: Alamein, Belgrave, Cranbourne, Frankston, Glen Waverley, Lilydale, Pakenham, Sandringham lines
*People coming into Melbourne from regional areas can get the V/Line to Southern Cross Station and change trains there.
Limited public parking will be available for $10 (cash only) at the MGC in Yarra Park, with gates 3, 5 and 6 open from 5am.
Drivers can also try:
* Alexandra Ave (between Swan St Bridge and Morrell Bridge)
* Boathouse Drive (access off Alexandra Ave)
* Fitzroy Gardens (Wellington Parade, Landsowne, Albert, Clarendon streets — city side only)
* Anderson St (access off Domain Rd or Alexandra Ave)